Corporate Culture's Jason Hess and Karen Ninness have recently returned from Sweden covering the Stockholm Furniture and Northern Lights Fair, the world's largest trade fairs for Nordic design and lighting.
The hottest product launch by far... Swedish lighting design company Wastberg. Its debut collection included designs by Ilse Crawford, Claesson Koivisto Rune, James Irvine and Jean-Marie Massaud.
01. Contributors. Jason Hess and Karen Ninness with Hans Mannerhagen from Fritz Hansen.
02. Fountain at the entry to the fair. Submerged coloured lights illuminate the explosive water feature.
03. Nordic Light Hotel. The reception and restaurant is dressed quarterly by different artists. This quarter, guests were welcomed by a Hitchcock installation design by Monica Forster.
04. Wastberg presented their 7 design lamps in fish tank like glass boxes at the Berns Hotel. On display is the dimmable table lamp 'Studioilse w084t' lamp designed by Ilse Crawford of Studioilse. Case iron base, aluminium shade and beech timber arms - beautiful.
05. Helmet. One of the more unusual chairs found at the fair - I believe Dr Who specifies this regularly.
06. Offecct Village Soundwave panels - Manufactured one at a time, the Village Soundwave panel is based on a satellite photo of village houses.